ZLOFENIX Games

BF3 Server Crashes and ZServer.exe Disconnects (How to Debug?)

The reason why this command line "-Core.DisplayAsserts true" is enabled and this command line "Core.IgnoreAlways false" is disabled is because the server will automatically crash and shut down without any error messages if "Core.DisplayAsserts" is set to false and if "Core.IgnoreAlways" is set to true. These two command lines can be found in "Win32Game.cfg" file located in the "Scripts" folder. Leaving these two command lines enabled and disabled respectively and ignoring the crash error/message that pops up every time the server is launched do not lead to server crash. By clicking on that abort button in the server error crash report window, server will crash and shut down. I guess I should just ignore it all the time. By the way, my server is online and is now accepting players. I just want to get rid of this annoying crash error message.

Edited by Izuku
Grammar Correction

Are your redist packages up to date? There is a thread trying to access a protected memory adress obviously. You could try running the server from different directory and with root access (administrator in windows). Antivirus blocking the specific thread maybe. Make sure nothing is blocking Server Software. 

Best solution is to uninstall windows and install linux ;)

My antivirus program and Microsoft Defender were both disabled before I booted the server up, so I think antivirus isn't the problem here. I also tried moving the server files to a different directory and launched it from there before. That crash error message still appeared. I might as well try to update my redist packages.

I just updated all of my redistributable packages and I installed all versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit, from 2005-2019. I also disabled both Microsoft Defender (including the "Controlled Folder Access" feature of Microsoft Defender) and my antivirus program. I placed the server files into a different directory and I launched it from there. Upon server start up, "ACCESS_VIOLATION" message still popped up, but the address the program was trying to access had changed.Capture.PNG.b45d73ca98db3ec0d587fab72144ae85.PNG

Edited by Izuku
Specification of Specific Redistributable Package Version
  • 10 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, Izuku said:

I just updated all of my redistributable packages and I installed all versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit, from 2005-2019. I also disabled both Microsoft Defender (including the "Controlled Folder Access" feature of Microsoft Defender) and my antivirus program. I placed the server files into a different directory and I launched it from there. Upon server start up, "ACCESS_VIOLATION" message still popped up, but the address the program was trying to access had changed.Capture.PNG.b45d73ca98db3ec0d587fab72144ae85.PNG

Did you examine the Event Viewer? Maybe the messages in there can help you out. 

you can only get callstack from x64 by debugging, there is no any files anywhere for original source.
since it's multithread and you have there crash, maybe you threw crazy amount of cores to config?