ZLOFENIX Games

BF3 Server Crashes and ZServer.exe Disconnects (How to Debug?)

I am a new BF3 server admin. I followed exactly all the instructions as stated in the forum. I successfully registered my server for the first time and it ran smoothly. Players could connect. Then, I did some minor configurations in my server and I experimented with the game settings to make my server unique. I have no idea where I messed up. The next day, the server started to encouter some strange bugs and I have no idea how to debug it. The server crashes and ZServer.exe disconnects every time I boot the server up. It used to work the day before this happened. So, I started from the beginning again with fresh server files (unedited) and registered the server for the second time, but it failed because the server could not even connect due to the crash. The server crashes with this message:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/839830434543042560/839836009835528232/Capture.PNG

The problem either comes from the server application or from the ZServer.exe. I don't know, so I redownloaded ZServer.exe, but it still disconnected right after the server crashed. The crash report included the file location where the error occured. It said it was in the drive F: My PC only has one drive which is the C: drive. How do I fix this problem? Is the antivirus software the problem here? I disabled antivirus before all of this. Thank you in advance!

F: - because its path where server exe was builded. Its ea crash form.

I dont trust this(because in other crashes it point to random places), but Z in trace can be from my crack.

Absolutely dunno what it can be, but soon i will update all emu, maybe it will be fixed.

Do you changed xp rates?

Yes, I had changed XP rates to 2x. That's the maximum XP rate that is only allowed. As far as I remember, the server was still working even if it had that XP rate command in it. I will not mention how to change XP rates here because I don't want to see people abusing it. Removing the XP rate command line doesn't help either. It still crashes. I don't really think that that's the cause of the problem. I think the problem might be caused by downloading a different server files from the internet, specifically from the forum, and it was probably outdated. I booted it up and it ran for a while without any problems. Then, the problem occurred after running the outdated server. My original server and the outdated server started crashing. Both of them have the same crash report. What should I do to fix this? Thanks.

Edited by Izuku
Correction of Ideas

These are the screenshots with crash report:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG?width=1067&height=634

This image contains the server files:

Capture.PNG

Are there any missing files or DLLs?

Edited by Izuku
Insertion of Additional Image
36 minutes ago, ZLOFENIX said:

Those were the server files that I downloaded that I was talking about previously before all of these errors appeared. I simply followed all of the instructions in this video and got the server files from the links provided in this video: (23) ➤Battlefield 3 ZloGames Server Hosting 2019 Update - YouTube

The server worked perfectly after following exactly all of the YouTuber's instructions. The reason why I downloaded a new server file is to update the server. The server version in the video was R38, so I downloaded the latest server files from the link you provided. I have no idea whether the server files from the link you provided is updated or outdated. The new server ran shortly, but after I restarted the server, the server crashed.

This is the file that I found in log folder:
RuntimeLog_CAPT-K5SJ5HAB_server_2021.05.07_06.28.24.521.log

For privacy purposes, I changed the zlogin, zpass, and remote admin password.

1 hour ago, Aim4kill said:

-GamePort 48000 -RemoteAdminPort 0.0.0.0:48000

game port and remote admin port cannot be the same port

gameport is for players to connect

remoteadminport is for procon

I will change these ports. I will update you guys if this will solve the problem. In the YouTube video, the YouTuber said that game port and remote admin port can be similar, so I simply followed what he said. The server worked before even if game port and remote admin port were the same. PRoCon was able to connect succesfully without any errors.

Edited by Izuku
Grammar Correction
1 hour ago, B7ackhawk said:

i can help you )) just need fresh files i will make it online for u 

I will send a sample copy of my server files for testing.

5 hours ago, B7ackhawk said:

i can help you )) just need fresh files i will make it online for u 

https://mega.nz/file/8XxHFSaS#sSnEXxg9Dy1gFKIbSri-oP4bd1qbA37akDl1EUxblwk

Here is the fresh copy of my pre-configured server files. There's no need to change the server configurations. It's already pre-configured for you. Leave it as it is. The only thing you have to do is register the server under your account.

Server Details:
Gameport: 48000
Remote Admin Port: 48000
Remote Admin Password (For PRoCon): testserver

ZLogin and ZPassword are left blank. Please edit them in the "_StartServer.bat" file. Then, launch ZServer.exe and click on ""_StartServer.bat". If the server still crashes, then there's something wrong with the server files and not in my part.

Additional Details for PRoCon:

Hostname/IP: 127.0.0.1
Remote Admin Port: 48000
Username: *You can leave this blank if you want.*
Remote Admin Password (For PRoCon): testserver

• 3 weeks later...

Server is now working and showing "in-game" after the big update; however, the access_violation crash error still pops up. Clicking on the abort button will close the server. How to fix? Should I ignore that message?

12 часов назад, Izuku сказал:

Server is now working and showing "in-game" after the big update; however, the access_violation crash error still pops up. Clicking on the abort button will close the server. How to fix? Should I ignore that message?

No, you should find reason.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, ZLOFENIX said:

What in server log before crash, this crash window - useless.

I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been very busy lately. This is the server log file by the way. Server is now online, but clicking on the abort button in the window with crash error report or message causes the server to fully close itself.

RuntimeLog_CAPT-K5SJ5HAB_server.log

I downloaded the fresh server files from the link you provided before, but some of the variables were changed by me intentionally. I will experiment with fresh, unedited server files and I will post updates about it here soon.