ZLOFENIX Games

1.bat "Assertion Failed" Error

Greetings, hope you're having a great day

I'm struggling to create my own private server for BF3. I have carefully followed the tutorialFAQ, and also tried searching for fixes on the forum but to no avail. Attached below is a screenshot of my "1.bat" file config and the error when I try to run it

1416007979_Screenshot(75).png.2eda2d059ebc104864fa89b2cb4d49e2.png

916607732_Screenshot(74).png.0ebd273b1f11507162c2ff26bc312991.png

I'm also wondering where I can find the "StartServer.bat" since I couldn't find it anywhere. I have properly installed the game, ZClient, ZServer, everything else works fine. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, ZLOFENIX said:

Are you installed server into client?

And for server you need zserver only, not zclient.

Thank you for your response

If you mean I extracted the BF3_PC_Server_R40_1427727_Binaries.rar to the same folder as the client, yes I did. Is that what's causing the problem? Can I just move them to another folder or do I have to reinstall everything?

4 hours ago, Aethewine said:

Thank you for your response

If you mean I extracted the BF3_PC_Server_R40_1427727_Binaries.rar to the same folder as the client, yes I did. Is that what's causing the problem? Can I just move them to another folder or do I have to reinstall everything?

Disregard, it's now working, thanks ZLOFENIX for the assistance. One last thing, how do I set a password for my server?

I have set vars.ranked to false and the vars.gamePassword to "myPassword" 

When I start the launcher, it still says "Password: False" for my server. It won't let me join, saying "ERR_DISCONNECT_GAME_WRONGPASSWORD 0 7 -1" although there was no input field.

48 minutes ago, ZLOFENIX said:

Now - reinstall both. Because you overwrited client files with server.

I did, it works now.

47 minutes ago, ZLOFENIX said:

Passwords not supported.

I see, thank you very much for the help!