ZLOFENIX Games

ZClient and ZServer network ports

Hi, 

I got a Modem/Router with Firewall, a Backend Firewall and off course a Firewall on my computer. When I run ZClient and ZServer from my computer, bypassing my Backend FW, everything is just working fine. When I run them with my Backend FW in between not. So there are some secondary ports needed. Can someone tell me which ports? Sorry new on this Forum. Can't find it, but really tried to.

15 hours ago, ZLOFENIX said:

ZClient and ZServer for now no need any ports.

Sorry, but every computer needs ports to communicate with an other computer. When you want to mail by SMTP port 25, when you want to make contact with a webserver 80 or 443 etc. Maybe ZClient uses port 80 but it still needs port 80. But the Server which is accepting (normally) ZClient requests sends a handshake back on an other port. Maybe it uses UPnP for that but using my Backend FW that's switched out since it is easy to hack. As I mentioned everything is working just fine when I don't use my Backend FW. Since I cannot monitor my modem/router on active traffic (it's one I received from my provider and not chosen by myself) I am not able to see which ports are used for that handshake. Do you know somebody who is dealing with the server which is accepting/denying ZClient clients?

59 minutes ago, GiForce said:

Sorry, but every computer needs ports to communicate with an other computer. When you want to mail by SMTP port 25, when you want to make contact with a webserver 80 or 443 etc. Maybe ZClient uses port 80 but it still needs port 80. But the Server which is accepting (normally) ZClient requests sends a handshake back on an other port. Maybe it uses UPnP for that but using my Backend FW that's switched out since it is easy to hack. As I mentioned everything is working just fine when I don't use my Backend FW. Since I cannot monitor my modem/router on active traffic (it's one I received from my provider and not chosen by myself) I am not able to see which ports are used for that handshake. Do you know somebody who is dealing with the server which is accepting/denying ZClient clients?

On an as empty as possible Windows 10 machine I noticed

For ZClient  TCP 11667, 5080, 5443, 6119, 8216, 9005-9006, 10222, 23300, 23310, 23390, 23395, 23760, 23840, 33900, 33910, 34900-34901, 34920, 47100, 47127, 48377, 48480-48482, 48486 and UDP 32900-32901, 34910.

But there is an other range from at least TCP 50293-50357.

This range is larger, but I don't want to give your server too much trouble. This is the last range of TCP I need to know for ZClient. ZServer I cannot discover yet I have to play at least one full day game time :-(  by ZClient.

All LISTENING ports used locally only, so no need to open/forward them.

Emu port for zclient and zserver, to which they connecting - 48377 and 48378.

Listen ports - tons of them, but used only for localhost connections.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, ZLOFENIX said:

And tcp not need opened port from local pc to communicate with remote host. All outgoing tcp connections, if not blocked by port/host - allowed and have no problems with firewall/router/nat/etc.

Thanks mate !

TCP Outbound 48377 for ZClient

TCP Outbound 48378 for ZServer

My compliments to the developers. I don't have to shoot holes in my Firewall.

You really have helped me a lot.